Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Perfect Little Table

We gave away our old coffee table and end table to a family friend who needed it. We had a coffee table from my mom (no I haven't tried to paint it again) but we didn't have an end table to replace the one that left. It wasn't a big deal and I wasn't in a hurry to replace it. At the same time I was keeping an eye open in case I found something I liked. I wanted something in a similar style to the other furniture we have put in the living room. I found this one on Craiglist.


They wanted $50 for it- which in my opinion is a little much because if you look closely at the picture you can see the veneer coming off along the back edge of the table. So I kept looking. I looked at a local used furniture store's website and they had this one for $35.



 I liked the price and it looks like it's in good shape but not enough to drive up to Kutztown to go get it. With gas prices these days I didn't love it enough to make the drive. So today I dropped Aleena off at school and hit the thrift store and found this little beauty.


Look at the carved detail on the shelf (and try not to look at my messy floor!)


I love this one even more than the other ones that I have found and this one was $32 and I didn't have to drive out of my way to go get it. Perfect deal in my opinion!  The top on this one needs some work although I don't think it's anymore than the $50 one would have needed.


I am going to sand the legs because there is some goopy varnish on them but I think I am going to leave the legs wood and paint the top. I have to paint the top- after I glue and wood putty it it's not going to be refinish worthy but I will let you know what I end up doing. I was just so excited about my find I had to share! Anyone else have some good projects going on right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment