Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Table with a mind of it's own

I have "after" pictures for you! They are slightly different than what I Thought I would be showing you because this table really did seem to have a mind of it's own. We started here...


You can see the finish coming off in the second picture. This table really needed a little love. The midway point I showed you yesterday.


 I was feeling really good about it. I had finished the second coat and left it in the kitchen to dry. I made sure I used the bonding agent because I had a plan. So what is that they say about the best laid plans?



 I had not envisioned this as a "chippy" table. But this table truly had a mind of it's own. You really can never tell how a finish on an old piece of furniture will react to milk paint. Every piece is different. With this piece the old varnish just peeled off with the paint. I was able to come to an understanding with the table and now it looks like this.


I put a hemp oil finish on it which will protect it. It took a little longer than I had planned and it's not how I had originally envisioned it but I am very happy with how it turned out. It's a perfectly chippy spring green table. Now to get it back on Craigslist! Just remember if you are in the Lansdale Area and are interested in this pretty little table for $30 I will be in Lansdale tomorrow afternoon and can bring it with me!







No comments:

Post a Comment