Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome!

I know I went MIA but right after I posted last time we went into a rough couple of days of a nasty virus. The kids were at least kind enough to take shifts to throw up instead of all doing it at the same time. I have no desire to do that again anytime soon. It took us a while to get back on our feet.  So I am back (hopefully) and can start updating you as to what I have been working on.

I really think the foyer sets the tone for your whole house. It is the first room someone sees when they come in the door and I really want people to feel welcome at our house! I am going to post the before pictures(all the ones I can find at least). This has been a looong project. Since we moved in I have been working on things and it's still not done but I am finally to a point where I feel ok in sharing it. That being said, let's go back to how we first saw it.



I am terrible at taking before pictures and I promise to work on that! Here are some where we are now.



What have we done?

Out with the blue carpet. (it was SOOO dirty and stained and had to go!)
Refinished the floors
Painted over the orange/peachy beige
Found some furniture that we LOVE!
Out with the plaid valances and hung curtains we already owned.
Hung some of our own pictures and artwork.

On our To Do list:

Get the dishwasher out of the corner!!!
Install the light fixture (also in the corner, on top of the dishwasher) I purchased for in here
Get a rug

After the short To-Do list that is left I will feel pretty good about calling it done for now. We had a rug in here but it was one that Matt brought home from Afghanistan and the kids and animals were doing a number on it so we decided we needed something else. I ordered one from Overstock so when it gets here I will update the pictures to show you! You might be wondering what happened to the other chairs that were supposed to be in here? These beauties:


I painted them but wasn't still wasn't really feeling them and couldn't motivate myself to make the slip covers. Last week  I popped in the Salvation Army and I literally stopped in my tracks when I saw the ones that you see in the pictures now. They were exactly what I had been looking for in the first place and they were only $40 for the pair. I had to get out the Bissell Little Green and clean them up but we just love them!

A sneak peek as to what my current project is:


Banishing the rest of the orange paint from the downstairs!!! Yay! We felt a huge difference after the orange was gone from the foyer that we pushed painting the living room a little higher up the project list.  I have a couple of furniture pieces that I would love to be working on but it's been too cold and rainy to mess with them. We also have an electrician coming (hopefully this week) to start converting us to 200 amp service and upgrading our circuit breaker which needs to be the first step in getting ready to eventually install the dishwasher. SO EXCITED!! We are still a ways off from that but we are pushing in the right direction.

Fingers crossed I'll see you soon!

~R

No comments:

Post a Comment